CARE stands for Catholic AIDS Response Effort. In a nutshell, we –
- Were inaugurated on 6 June 1992. Click this link for our History
- Are a lay ministry of the Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore
- Are a member-organisation of Caritas Singapore
- Are a registered Society (ROS 251/2004)
- Are a registered Charity (CoC 001980)
- Have IPC status since 1 November 2010 (IPC 000/711)
Be a sign of God’s love in restoring dignity of PLWHAS accepted by society without prejudice or discrimination.
- To cater to the spiritual, psychological, financial and physical wellbeing of People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAS) so as to give them hope to live a fulfilling life.
- To help raise the level of public awareness of HIV/AIDS, and to promote greater compassion and understanding towards PLWHAs.